Printed at: 09:53:13 / 18-10-2018
Go to a more accessible version of this jobs board
Please wait, loading
- Job list
- Job details
IT Service Desk Analyst
- Main area
- Administrative Services
- Band 4
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Job ref
- IT Technical Services (Dept)
- Milton Keynes
- £22,549 - £24,882 per annum
- Salary period
- 23/05/2022 23:59
IT Service Desk Analyst - Department IT
Band 4 pro-rata if part-time
Hours: 37.5 per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work on the Trust’s IT Service Desk. Previous experience of providing an IT technical support service in a large multi-functional organisation is essential. The successful candidate will require excellent interpersonal and IT technical skills and have proven experience of successfully using these skills to assist and support staff.
Candidates should ensure that all mandatory aspects of the Person specification are met and should use the Additional Information section of their application to state how they meet the requirements of the Person Specification.
Main duties of the job
To provide a high quality, responsive and comprehensive 1st Line IT Support service, incorporating support for all Trust staff as well as support for NHS Milton Keynes staff on occasions. All support activities are to be provided during the core operational hours of 08:00-17:00.
The post holder will be required to provide support both remotely via the telephone or remote tools, or face to face where necessary in order to provide timely resolution to logged incidents ensuring SLAs are met and typically exceeded.
Working for our organisation
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible working opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital; we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of an IT Support service to all Trust staff. In this capacity the post holder will be responsible for undertaking established and routine activities associated with Service Desk operations as directed by the IT Service Desk Manager. This will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- Logging, ownership and management of IT incidents allocated and /or reported by Trust staff. The post holder will be expected to own and manage the incident through the full incident lifecycle through to closure in line with the implementation of ITIL standards. The accurate and timely logging of all information is essential.
- The post holder will be expected to provide 1st Line support to the Trust for all users via telephone or remote assistance, supporting operating systems and all associated applications as well as providing support on laptops and mobile devices.
Please refer to the Job Description for further details.
Apply online now
- Good GCSEs.
- IT Related NVQ Level 4 or A Levels (or equivalent qualification/relevant experience).
- Evidence of continual personal development.
- Up to date IT technical qualifications e.g. MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA (or equivalent qualification/relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of installing and troubleshooting applications and operating systems in a Microsoft focused environment.
- Previous experience working in a Custmer Service / Service Desk Role.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Previous experience of using Microsoft administration tools.
- Experience in the IT industry
- Sound understanding of current IT standards, capabilities and developments in desktop, network, server, storage and applications technology
- Previous experience of using Service Desk Management Tools.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to form excellent relationships and influence and negotiate effectively in order to deliver results and commitment to customer service
- Commitment to continuous professional development personally.
- Ability to work without direct supervision
Personal and people development
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines with a flexible approach to work.
- Able to form good working relationships with staff in the Trust and partner organisations.
- Willing to develop own skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work in a busy environment where continuous interruptions and re-prioritisation of workload is to be expected
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both clinical and non-clinical staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Requires excellent communication. skills both verbal and written and have the ability to communicate effectively, both formally and informally to all levels of staff
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lynne Scofield
- Job title
- IT Service Desk Manager
- Email address
List jobs with Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Administrative Services or all sectors
- Job list
- Job details