Printed at: 09:53:13 / 18-10-2018
Go to a more accessible version of this jobs board
Please wait, loading
- Job list
- Job details
- Main area
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Job ref
- Ward 20 (Dept)
- Milton Keynes
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum
- Salary period
- 29/05/2022 23:59
Sister/Charge Nurse - Department Ward 20
Band 6 pro rata if part-time
Hours: 37.5 per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
Are you an aspiring nurse leader who is ready to take the next challenge in your career as a Sister/Charge Nurse on a busy Emergency Surgical Ward? Can you work collaboratively with a great nursing team and provide strong clinical leadership acting as a role model to a diverse nursing team? Do you love a challenge?
This is a unique opportunity to lead the nursing team in the delivery of high-quality care that is safe, effective and provides the best possible experience for our patients. Ward 20 specialises in Emergency Gastro Surgery, caring for patient pre and post operatively.
The ability to demonstrate compassionate clinical leadership combined with excellent patient care and clinical knowledge is important for this role.
If you are compassionate and dynamic this could be the job for you. We will support you on your leadership journey and provide opportunities to professionally develop your skills and knowledge to be successful in this role.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Alexandra Stock, Surgical Matron Alexandra.email@example.com or on 01908 95880
Main duties of the job
- To provide effective, professional and managerial leadership to staff.
- To provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care.
- To supervise and develop the knowledge and skills of junior staff.
- To initiate/ facilitate developments in nursing in partnership with the ward manager.
- To be the ward representative in the absence of the ward manager.
- To work autonomously within their scope of professional conduct and in line with Trust policies
- To assist the Senior Sister/ charge nurse in the review of nursing practice and service delivery.
- Provide clinical expertise.
- To role model high standards of nursing care and professionalism.
Working for our organisation
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible working opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On-site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital; we conduct research and teaching on-site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of patients, incorporating the standards and philosophy of the ward and evidence based research.
- Organise method of care delivery within the ward/department, allocating, prioritising and delegating effectively. This includes responding to capacity and patient dependency requirements.
- To demonstrate a professional approach to leadership and management of staff.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the ward in the absence of the ward manager.
Please refer to the Job Description for further details.
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Relevant Mentorship or equivalent qualification
- Evidence of post registration education
- First line management/leadership course
- Evidence of career development
- Relevant experience in clinical setting.
- Evidence of regular shift management of a ward/clinical area
- Mentorship of student nurses
- Evidence of provision of high standards of care
- Evidence of management and leadership
- Experience in change management
- Evidence of staff development
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) Report writing
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Effective time management
- Resource management
- Self motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve
- Up to date clinical skills appropriate for the clinical speciality being applied for.
- Audit and analysis experience
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Computer literate
Personal and people development
- Experience in managing people
- Up to date with current issues in nursing
- Willingness to embark on further professional development
- Able to demonstrate effective communication
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Apply online now
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details / informal visits contact
- Alexandra Stock
- Job title
- Surgical Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
List jobs with Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors
- Job list
- Job details