Printed at: 09:53:13 / 18-10-2018
Go to a more accessible version of this jobs board
Please wait, loading
- Job list
- Job details
Lead Physiotherapist MSK
- Main area
- Allied Health Professions
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Job ref
- Occupational Health & Wellbeing
- Milton Keynes
- £40,057 - £45,839 per annum
- Salary period
- 05/06/2022 23:59
Lead Physiotherapist MSK - Occupational Health & Wellbeing
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours
We are expanding our Occupational Health & Wellbeing team here at Milton Keynes University Hospital to ensure we provide the best possible service to our staff teams. If you are an experienced MSK Physiotherapy we have an exciting opportunity for you to develop and lead this new service.
Our ideal colleague will be a highly skilled MSK Physiotherapist who holds ACPOHE Level B competencies in Occupational Health. However, we would welcome applications from experienced Band 6 colleagues looking for career progression, and willing to be supported to undertake a course of study as required.
About the department
The department is nurse-led, with the wider team consisting of an occupational health physician, specialist and clinic nurses, manual handling/ergonomics advisor, operational lead and an administration and secretarial team.
Successful candidates, who are invited to interview, will be requested to undertake a 10–15-minute presentation on “Your vision for the creation and development of this new service”.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing (OH&WB) to develop the delivery strategy for our new Physiotherapy intervention service, ensuring it meets the needs of colleagues working in today’s NHS. You will work operationally within the department as part of the Occupational Health and Wellbeing multidisciplinary team. You will be required to provide specialist advice to establish safe working practices to assist both MKUH as an employer, and to support our employee colleagues and teams.
You will also have the opportunity to positively influence behaviours and working practices as part of our proactive prevention strategy in Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD). As a hands-on Physiotherapist you will be involved in the development and planning of individualised treatment programmes for MKUH staff, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the service interventions as a whole.
As a senior member of the team, you will be encouraged to contribute to achieving performance targets for the department and to modify and adapt treatment pathways accordingly. Clinical audits, recording outcome measures and identifying and analysing data will all be part of your role.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit to the department, please contact Rebecca Bason, Head of OH&WB, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for our organisation
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible working opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital; we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To utilise advanced musculoskeletal expertise and be qualified in ACPOHE level B competencies to function as an MSK OH Physiotherapist managing a varied clinical caseload
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of your own work, ensuring a high standard of clinical care for the staff under your management by supporting more junior staff to do likewise.
- To maintain own competency to practice through CPD activities, demonstrating awareness of new trends and developments and their incorporation into practice as necessary.
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and their application to work situation.
Please refer to the Job Description for further details.
- Physiotherapy degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Registration in relevant profession with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Evidence of a range of specialist continuing professional development
- Member of relevant specialist interest group (relevant to area of speciality)
- Membership of relevant professional association i.e. Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Management or leadership training or qualification
- Awareness of NHS and Trust systems, policies, procedures and current changes
- Sound therapeutic and clinical knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of national guidelines relevant to specialist area
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of evidence based clinical practice for a range of conditions relevant to area of speciality.
- MSK Masters or equivalent experience
- ACPOHE Level B competencies
- Student Supervisory Skills training
- Willingness to train in specialist field at Masters level or equivalent.
- Relevant post graduate clinical qualification
- Significant experience in applying Therapeutic process to include assessment, interpretation, individual care planning, motivation, monitoring and evaluation of highly specialised treatment in area of speciality
- Experience of working with patients in relevant specialist area
- Active member of multi-disciplinary team (MDT) including liaison with clinical specialists, GP, specialist nurses, community teams etc.
- Supervision, appraisal and training of junior members of staff and students
- Ability to automously manage a caseload of highly complex staff
- Proven leadership experience in relevant clinical specialty or similar clinical field
- Ability to undertake projects within specialist area e.g. using NICE guidance, benchmarking and clinical audit
- Ability to lead and participate in departmental audits and review of Trust Policy
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to remain flexible when organising and prioritising own clinical and non-clinical caseload
- High level of written and verbal communication including report writing skills.
- Advanced skills in the assessment and treatment of patients in relevant clinical area.
- Ability to present and teach information to junior and assistant staff and students as part of an in-service programme.
- Ability to maintain accurate, comprehensive and up to date documentation, in line with legal and Trust standards.
- Ability to appropriately apply a range of treatment approaches.
- Ability to problem-solve and to demonstrate clinical reasoning based on experience and knowledge
Personal and people development
- Experience of managing and developing junior and assistant staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience of using HR policy and procedure including sickness absence and performance management.
- Knowledge of change management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Competent in the use of IT including proficient in emails
- Ability to deliver sensitive information in a tactful and empathetic manner.
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations.
- Car driver with valid licence and access to car for travelling across Milton Keynes to visit patients or to other bases.
Apply online now
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rebecca Bason
- Job title
- Head of OH&WB
- Email address
List jobs with Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Allied Health Professions or all sectors
- Job list
- Job details